Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Joy of Being Blessed

     I few weeks ago I wrote about being blessed. Specifically about keeping in mind that blessings shouldn't be taken for granted, or used. About how you have not been blessed to simply be blessed, but to be a blessing. Finally, that being blessed does not make you less desperate than anyone else. That Jesus is not only all you need but all you really have. Ringing a bell?
     While all of this is true, I would like to touch on another side of the matter. Joy. The Joy of Being Blessed. 
     Now, before saying to yourself "Ah, yes. I should never forget that being blessed does bring with it a sense of happiness...", I'm afraid I must stop you from further damaging the concept. I am not expressing my love for the things I have nor am I encouraging you to do so either. By all means be thankful for material profit, but seriously there is SO much more to the story. Hang tight. 
     Honestly, this topic is a bit beyond me. Perhaps the reason stands that it's it's late and I should be sleeping, but however the means I can hardly comprehend this. I'll try my best to reiterate. Ready?
     God has given me so much. Parents who love me unconditionally. Siblings who besides the occasional scurmish love and support me as well. Friends, no- brothers and sisters who literally strive everyday just to grow, encourage each other, and learn to depend soley on Christ. So much. I take it for granted often times. I suppose I just don't know how to appreciate things for what they really are, but nonetheless I've come to a conclusion. Just as God has blessed you to be a blessing, He has also blessed you for one reason. To grow you closer to Him. Think about it. Everything God gives you, takes from you, puts you through, convicts you of, it's all for one purpose. To grow your love for Him. To gain a richer relationship with Him. Everything that God puts in your life has a common initiative, and the ultimate ending involves you falling into His arms in a desperate love. Being blessed to be a blessing? It's for the same reason as well! God can and will use anything in your life for a greater good, blessing others included. 
     Side note. It's not easy. Most if the time I've found that it really, really sucks. It's hard. I don't like it, but the ultimate goal is so awesome compared to the hardship required in the mean time. Speaking from experience, the hardest ones tend to grow you the most.
     This week keep in prayer. Pray that God will continue to mold you into the son or daughter that He inteds you to be, no matter what it requires. Continue praying for me as well. Personally I'm going through a tough time of molding, and even though I know it's taken care of, it's simply not the most pleasant experience meanwhile. Think about what you are going through right now, or have gone through in the past. How did it grow you? Change you? 
     Thank you so much to those of you who have consistently kept up with this blog. It means a lot, really. It's a true blessing to have a place if literary refuge, and I'm glad I have people interested in growing along with me.
     

No comments: